Pages

Friday, July 10, 2009

They Grow Up So Quickly

Click. Click. Click. Click.  Four clicks to measure one follicle.  Four clicks times 6 = six follicles. Uh-oh. 

My eyes were closed, almost afraid to look at the monitor.  All I could hear was the experienced clicking of the doctor, and the tapping of the nurse entering the information on my eFile.  

"Well," the doctor began, "we'll need to see you back in here... um... tomorrow... before these little guys get away from us." 

The largest follicle measured 15, so we are very close, which is why he has me coming back in tomorrow.  Hopefully there will not be an army of follicles, so let's keep our fingers crossed here, folks.  

IF, if, if, the follicles are ready tomorrow to be triggered, that would mean that our IUI would be Monday.  July 13.  My husband's birthday. 

I talked to a coworker (who I will miss dearly as she moves out of the country - temporarily) about how telling people when the IUI was taking place was a lot like telling people that I was about to go do it.  You know THE "it."  So, in a lot of ways - if we end up having the IUI on Monday, you can rest assure, that in some mechanical way, my husband will be sure to have sex on his birthday. If by "sex" we mean delivering a cup and rubbing my arm while I'm being injected with a sperm pellet. New meaning to birthday sex, for sure. 

1 comment:

  1. And they say Romance is dead, I would like it noted for the record there will be the obligitory dinner before hand... and of course Supersizing will be allowed

    ReplyDelete