Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

New Yoga Pose

The Shy Downward-Facing Cervix.

And things you don't want to hear in the assumed position: 

"This catheter keeps curling up on me."  

"Hold this." (referring to the catheter loaded up with, well, you know). 

"I'm going to remove this one and put in a speculum that will reach further."  Seriously? It can go further?

And, of course, the making of a new yoga pose:  

"Your cervix is playing shy today and is facing down."  Does not make for a comfortable experience, to say the least.  

That was yesterday.  Today is a new day.  Starting yesterday morning, before the IUI, I had really pretty significant cramping - but as it turns out, the cramping is probably caused by the release of multiple eggs.  Ovulation on overdrive. 

I have new symptoms this time around, in addition to the soreness and cramping, I have severe bloating.  I finally called the Dr. this afternoon to just be sure there was no need for concern, and apparently this is also normal.  

Thus, we have begun the 2 week wait.  G is out of town for a little over a week of it, which will either make it go faster or make it that much more excruciating.  I'm guessing the latter.  


No comments:

Post a Comment