Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Ugly

Okay, so I realize that my posts lately have been all flowers and candy, when, well, I AM 28ish weeks pregnant and all. There's bound to be some things that aren't so wonderful. And, for when G and I are considering MORE children (if we get there), I'd like to document the downside of this journey as well.

I'm uncomfortable. My back is killing me. I wake up in the middle of the night and sometimes grimace the entire way to the restroom because my back is controlling my legs, and neither want to work at that time.

I wake up every 2 hours or so. And lately, if I wake up anytime after 3am, I am LUCKY if I can fall back asleep.

The couch is my current favorite place to sleep. I miss sleeping with my husband. Even if I start off in bed, I am ending up on the couch. For a pregnant person with horrible vision, in the dark this is quite the journey. (From bed to couch).

I think most of the muscles involving the Baby Exit Route are strained. I keep hearing that you can put a heating pad on it, which reminds me of when I was in college and went to the Campus Clinic. (Bronchitis? Bag full of tylenol, bandaids, and a condom. Broken arm? Bag full of tylenol, bandaids, and a condom). Placebo won't work for this feeling down below.

I have also read a lot about what other people feel or think their Baby Exit Route looks like on the forums I follow. I wouldn't know, as I can't see mine. People say they know they are super swollen - but unless it inhibits my walking, I doubt I'd notice any difference pre-babies.

Work. I'm trying my best to roll around, like I said before - but I'm starting to become concerned with exactly how many more weeks I can hang in there. I'm trying not to think about it... which seems to be working for staying in the work-force as long as possible. We'll see.

Worry wart. If I don't feel one of the girls, I start to worry. If I pee too much, I worry. If I don't pee enough, I worry. If I drink caffeine, I worry. If I don't, then I worry that the girls will be affected by breast milk after I drink caffeine. Worry. Worry. Worry. I suppose this is the beginning of being a Mommy.

Daycare. Sigh.

The positive ending: I love my family. I love these little ladies that G and I haven't officially met yet. And I love the way G talks to them and then makes up their responses. And the way he looks when he's talking to them, building their furniture, playing with their stroller...

No comments:

Post a Comment