Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Glucose Screening

I have waddled up to the 26th week of pregnancy.

I wore a jacket zipped up to work yesterday. Today, it wouldn't zip.

I am up many times a night. Not sure what fluids I have left in there by 4am, but my body finds some and has to get them out. Immediately.

G and I had an ultrasound at 24wk 4 days, and both ladies are looking lovely. They are measuring 1lb 10oz and 1lb 9 oz - and their overall measurements put them about 1 day apart in growth. Their heartbeats were perfect, their heads look round, their bellies were even rounder. LOVE those reports. No great pictures, though - both girls decided to turn away as soon as we tried to take a peek. I did enjoy seeing a detailed image of both spines though. :)

This past Wednesday, at 25weeks 2 days, I had my Glucose Screening. I didn't eat anything after midnight, and was limited to water to drink. Not terrible, considering my appointment was at 8:30am. The nurse said that we wouldn't hear anything from her unless there were abnormalities in the blood (read: If I failed the GS, she'd call). And - hooray! - no call from her today! This is GREAT news. I was seriously worried that I'd bomb that glucose screening. Both my grandmother and aunt had Gestational Diabetes when they were pregnant, and I have been worried that I'd be the same.

We have our next ultrasound the week before our Baby Shower - which I am VERY excited about. I have started to really try to get things together or planned so that if I happen to have to be on bed rest or deliver earlier than expected, we will be ready. I don't want to stick G with most of the work while I'm propped up unable to do anything.

As far as work, I am slowing down a bit. I can definitely tell when I am on my feet too much. I have noticed that I have to give myself an extra minute or 2 to walk places - trying to keep my pace reasonable as to not overdue it. I don't think my students mind my slower pace.

I am very surprised how quickly this pregnancy is passing by - it's already after the holidays and I know that the next few months are just going to fly by!

No comments:

Post a Comment