Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

24 Weeks




I can hardly believe how fast this time is going with E & S. They are growing in so many ways... discoveries every day!

E enjoys pointing and she has really started staring at her hands as they play or touch. She also still enjoy screaming and banging her hands (or toys) on the table or other toys. If we lay her on the floor these days - she inevitably rolls onto her tummy and then ends up scooching around in all different directions. This morning I left her on the floor to get a glass of water, and when I came back she was completely off of the blanket totally in a different direction from what I left her.

S has been content not rolling, but if put on her tummy she will squish up her little legs under her tummy and then push herself forward. Scooching in a straight line is her thing - not much turning around, except in the middle of the night in the crib.

Both girls are giggly and enjoy laughing at Jack. Jack will sneeze - or really make any noise - and the girls will just stare at him and laugh. It's so much fun to watch. I started laughing today and Sophie would laugh along with me. She thought my laughter was just the funniest thing.

6 months is just around the corner. We have been trying out some solids - rice cereal, oatmeal, and sweet potatoes mostly. A quick taste of my banana the other day, as well! They haven't put that much interest into it - but seem to be enjoying the food. I have cut back on pushing it because they seem to decrease the formula when they eat solids - which I don't want them to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment