Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Directions

The above is an image of the directions that our RE gave us today.

The car with the wheels at the top of the page... yeah... those are my reproductive organs. Vroom.

And no... I can't understand the words on that page either. Except that I was there when she wrote it - so I can pull out the salient points.

We had a meeting to discuss the "next step" if the IUI #3 turns out to be unsuccessful. Because of our great insurance coverage, our RE discussed the IVF option with us. Since I've been doing so many shots and so many many visits, she said that it really wouldn't be all that much more involved to move from our IUI to an IVF. The biggest difference would be the surgical procedure of the egg retrieval (I'd be sedated for all of 20 minutes). And a day of rest after the egg implantation. So, if Monday does not deliver good news, our next cycle would be IVF.

No comments:

Post a Comment