Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Getting to Be THAT Time

To start worrying about the worriest part of the process... labor.

To be completely honest, I don't think I'm that nervous. I imagine that I will be all shaky and jittery when I'm being prepped for whatever type of labor I'm being prepped for... but for now, I'm not feeling anxious about it at all. I'm excited, which I think shares a nerve with anxious. Both make you feel like you have to pee when you're standing in line at the roller coaster.

But I know it's on my mind. And G's mind as well. The other day I walked in the bedroom and he was peeing with the door open. THAT NEVER HAPPENS.

"Whoa?! What in the world? Why'd you leave the door open?" I shockingly questioned.

Apparently G has been reading some information on labor and delivery. His response was

"Well, if I might have to see you poo during delivery, it's only fair that I let you see me pee."

Oh, yes. I see it now. I see how love changes when you have children. Sacrifices are made and the love between G and myself will evolve. I am excited to embrace even the most intimate of those changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment