Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

Better Luck Next Time

So, the beta was negative. My doctor gave me the call today - during her lunch (how nice). She left a message that said "I was trying to catch you right after your students left and before my afternoon appointments!"

Of course we're bummed. But today was rough, with an increase in the amount of blood I was seeing and the anxiety... I was worried that if it was positive that there was something seriously wrong. I don't want the first moment of my pregnancy to be me panicking about some NOT-normal side effect. So on to the next plan.

I will be starting birth control at the end of the week, and will remain on that for about 5 weeks - to get us over the holiday hump. Then we'll start right back up with day 1 of that cycle. This time we are doing an FET - frozen embryo transfer. I have 4 frozen blastocysts, so they will thaw and transfer. I will update on that process as we near the time. It's only 3 doctor visits - (WHOA!) so I'm looking forward to this cycle for the simple reason that it's low maintenance. I will only have a total of 10 (or so) injections before the FET. Ah, the simple things...

For now I'm going to mourn our attempt for a moment and then enjoy the holidays with my wonderful husband and family. My body needs a break from all of these hormones! I'm thinking a nice glass of red wine will help my "detox." :)

3 comments:

  1. So sorry for the negative beta. Hope you enjoyed the wine! And, best of luck with the FET!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!

    My name is Elisabeth, and I am an infertility / repeated pregnancy loss "veteran". You can read a little bit about me and my experiences in my (not very updated) blog: drhousewife.blogspot.com . I am completing a PhD in Counseling Psychology, and my dissertation is focused upon the impact of infertility on marriage. I believe strongly that there is a need for better support services for men and women who are undergoing IF diagnosis and treatment, and my hope is that this study will aid in the development of such services.

    I am contacting you after stumbling across your blog. I am recruiting participants for my study, and wanted to invite you and your husband to take part. All that would be involved would be the completion of an online survey, that would take approximately 20 minutes. All couples who complete the surveys will receive a voucher good for a pair of free movie tickets at a Regal Cinemas.

    Please let me know if you are interested by emailing me at UTInfertilityResearch@gmail.com . I have included the criteria for participation below.

    Best of luck to you!
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so amazed and in awe of your positive attitude. I'm just starting this journey and think I deserve to be slapped in the face with how negative I've been. I'm not usually a negative person, so I feel like my alter-ego has escaped during this process. How do you stay so positive? I'm so impressed. I alter between not wanting to get out of bed with depression once a month, and just wanting to throw things at anyone who tells me that it will happen in God's time, or to "be patient". I think the next person who tells me to be patient may get punched in the face. See- look at that negativety coming out. Who am I? When did I get like this? And how do you keep it from consuming every waking thought? I use to have a life before this- what happened? I use to find other things important before... I think I may literally be going insane. How do you stay so positive?

    ReplyDelete