Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

Lupron-itis

So far so good. Injections every morning along with baby aspirin and prenatal vitamins. I have been sleeping like crazy, but from what I am reading online that seems to be a common "side effect." I'm sure that G is happy that sleepiness is my body's response of choice, instead of the moodiness alternative.

I am currently on 20 of lupron. I am expecting to start the cycle any day now. If I go until Thursday without starting a new cycle, I have to go in for monitoring to check my body's response to the lupron. The drug is supposed to suppress my production of estrogen by overstimulating my brains production center. I suppose that suppression of such things can stir up chaos in the brain and body, so I'm hoping that my cycle begins without a hitch.

Hopefully I'll report back with the med schedule soon. All hangs in the lupron balance until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment