Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Mid Stream

G and I have been off all week together, and it has been both marvelous and strenuous.  We spent a lot of the time running around and getting errands done, including doctors appointments!

Friday morning I had the ultrasound and bloodwork.  This was to test my baseline levels, as if I know what that means.  I got a call from our nurse that afternoon to tell me that everything was normal.  My question is, if it was normal, what am I doing there? So, I believe that normal is subjective. 

So, the nurse told me the new plan... or really, the "first" plan we're attempting.  Last night, I began Femcon, which is a birth control pill, at her order.  Birth control? Right, well, apparently this is so I can get on a predictable schedule, a continuous one which can be predicted, etc... 

Greg and I have injection class on Monday at 10am to learn how to shoot me up with FSH when that part of my cycle comes around.  Friday we both had our infectious disease testing completed... I had to give 4 tubes of blood! Ack...

So things are starting to really roll.  In approximately 25 days we will begin cycle 2 - which is the first cycle that we add the meds to help me roll out my line of eggs I've stored up all this time... Greg seems to think that they will come out rapid fire. He made some connection to something in Battlestar Gallactica, but I have no idea what he was talking about.  

The good news: We're on our way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment